This guide will walk you through the steps on how to check our current locations, how to connect up to the NCK-WiFi network, and to see which devices are compatible with out network. As a general rule-of-thumb, if you are not located in any one of our current locations, you will not be able to connect. Please see our locations page to ensure that our network is available at your location.
How To Connect
Step 1 — Check Your Location
The very first step is to ensure you are in a location that the NCK-WiFi network is present. This could go one of two ways.
- Option 1: Check our locations page — Simply visit our locations page and see if we cover your area
- Options 2: Check your phone’s WiFi settings — Check your phone, tablet, or laptops WiFi settings
- For those with phones: This can be done by opening your “settings” app –> Click or Tap on “Wi-Fi” –> and see if the “NCK-WiFi” network is available (or is shown). Keep in mind that some phones “store” or “save” networks. If this is the case, you may need to “refresh” your WiFi page to see the available list of networks or you could try clicking or tapping on the “NCK-WiFi” network to see if you can connect. If you are unable to connect, it more or less means you are not in an area where NCK-WiFi is available. Please see our locations page to double check.
- For those with tablets or laptops: This can be done by clicking the “wireless” icon on your task bar (tray) which is usually located at the bottom-right of your screen. Once you click the icon, a list of WiFi networks will be presented to you. Simply select the “NCK-WiFi” network and click “Connect”.
Step 2 — Connect up to the NCK-WiFi Network
This next step could go one of two ways.
- Option 1: Most phones, tablets, and laptops today connect you up to WiFi hotspots automatically IF you have connected up to that network before and selected the box that says something like: “Connect up Automatically”. If you did not change this setting, you should automatically connect up to the “NCK-WiFi” network when you are in range. If in range, a “Splash” page should open up automatically (See Option 2a and 2b for more details). If nothing opened up, you may need to check your WiFi settings and connect up to the network manually (See all of Option 2).
- Option 2: After checking your phone, tablet, or laptops WiFi settings from step 1 above, simply click or tap on the “NCK-WiFi” network. Upon doing so, a dialog box will open (appear). On this dialog box, there will be text along with two options — either “Cancel” or “Connect” (some phones, tablets, and/or laptops may differ on what is displayed). Click or Tap on “Connect”.
- 2a: After you have clicked or tapped the “Connect” button, you will be redirected to a “Splash” page where if you would like to connect, you will need to read through and agree to our terms of service and acceptable use agreement policies.
- 2b: After you have read our policies and have agreed to them by clicking the “Agree” button, you will once again be redirected. This time, to the NCK-WiFi.com website where you can either browse our website for new content or check out some local businesses.
Previous Page: Guides
Next Page: Device Compatibility